DATE: July 19 – 20, 2021
LOCATION: Old Murphey School, 3717 Murphey School Road, Durham, NC 27705
Learn how to be a more effective therapist by incorporating stretching as part of your therapeutic recommendations to clients. This two-day course will cover:
• benefits and physiology of stretching
• stretches for the entire body based on anatomical knowledge
• how to document therapeutic recommendations for greater tracking and effectiveness
• how to design stretching protocols your clients will actually use
Work smarter by expanding the educative aspect of your practice and empower your clients toward better self-care. You will learn different ways to stretch a given muscle using varying positions and explore other therapeutic exercises your clients can do between sessions. We will include strategies to assist you in your critical thinking as you alter stretches to meet your client’s individual needs.
Deepen into your own self-care and have new tools to use with your clients!
See below for more information and full course description
Incorporating Therapeutic Stretching with your Massage Clients
July 19 – 20 (Monday/Tuesday) 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
12 CE hours
Early Registration Discount- Register by May 19 and Save 10%
Much of the work that happens in the massage therapy field takes place between sessions. How can we best utilize this time? Learn how to be a more effective massage therapist by incorporating therapeutic stretching as part of your recommendations to clients. How do you suggest therapeutic stretching to your clients? How do you follow up and track their efficacy? Do you know the stretches in your own body and can you effectively demonstrate and language them to your clients?
This workshop will cover these skills and expand your repertoire of therapeutic exercises. We will discuss and experience the importance of stretches in different positions. This will assist you in developing your critical thinking as you alter stretches to meet your individual client’s needs and design stretching protocols your clients will actually use.
Empower your clients toward better self-care and being a partner in their own healing process. Work smarter, not harder, by expanding the educative aspect of your practice. Plus all of the therapeutic exercises you learn in this class are great for your own self-care, too!
In this workshop, we will:
- Review the physiology and therapeutic benefits of stretching
- Review the anatomy and kinesiology of each region being stretched
- Practice stretches based in anatomical knowledge using proper form and alignment
- Compare different ways to stretch a given muscle using varying positions
- Discover how to document your therapeutic recommendations for greater tracking and effectiveness
- Develop a therapeutic exercise reminder to assist your clients once they get home
What to bring: Please bring a towel, blanket or mat to use during floor stretches. As an added bonus, each participant will receive a stretch strap to take home! Deepen into your own self care and have a new tool to use with your clients.